Pledge Mikey - formerly known as Cam Kress
Oh boy we are not even sure where to start with Mikey. Cam Kress has many names here at the shop: Mikey, Pledge Mikey, Kress, Cam, Pledge, and many more. Mikey has some awesome energy both at work and in everyday life. I mean how many people bring in two Gatorades and 2 water bottles after a quality night of slumber? Mikey is the newest staff member and boy does he get heat from the crew. He is a wing instructor, warehouse guy, and livechat maniac. He is learning how to do it all. Sadly he is not super into kiting yet and winging is his predominant sport. We are working on making him a well-versed waterman.
Weight - Doesn't even register on the big shipping scale
Riding Style - I wish I had some.
Dream Quiver - I do not have any dreams.
Who is Mikey?
- Favorite Riding Spot? Parrots - Holland, MI
- Favorite Quote? "If you aren't racing for money you don't need a carbon foil!"
- When Did You Start Working at the Shop? 2021
- Winging or Kiting? Winging
- Coffee or Energy Drink? Energy Drink
- Big Air or Big Trick? Big air
- Order Picker or Forklift? Forklift
- Waves or Slick? Waves
- Worst foil fall? I am lame and haven't thrown myself off a foil yet
- GoJoe or Retractable Leash? Neither, I pray that I will not lose any shop gear
- Phone or Livechat? Livechat
- Warm n' Crowded or Cold n' Secluded? Warm
- College or drafted straight out of Highschool/Start of College? Barley passing at Hope College
- Favorite Warehouse Memory? I got the forklift stuck on my second day!
- Work Transport: Onewheel Pint or XR? Pint
- Carbon or Aluminum? Carbon
- Rope Slider or Hook? Hook
- Goofy or Regular? Regular
- Any "Kitemares"? I got dragged downwind for about a mile and ended up looking like a wet rat.
- Fold or Scrunge Your Kite? I make Cole fold my kites because I can't fit a kite in a bag
- Anything Else the World Should Know About Mikey? I am a menace and if anyone messes with me I will go to war with them.
Top Gear Picks:
PlaymobilMSRP:Now: $24.99Was:Playmobil City Action Kitesurfer Rescue with Speedboat Set Are you a kiter but need some sick accessories for when it's not windy? A great product in the building sets category. High quality you expect from PLAYMOBIL. Makes the perfect gift...MSRP:Now: $24.99Was:
MACkiteMSRP:Now: $4.00 - $9.00Was:The MAC Koozie Available in 3 styles: Crispy Bois Roaring Flamingo WaveMSRP:Now: $4.00 - $9.00Was:
MACkiteMSRP:Now: $49.99Was:MAC x Duotone Collab T-Shirt This special t-shirt pays homage to our local riding spot - Grand Haven. It perfectly caprtures a normal season, with a Great Lakes salmon even making a special appearance! Duotone Kiteboarding X MACkiteboarding...MSRP:Now: $49.99Was:
MACkiteMSRP:Now: $19.95Was:The MAC Hat Wave - Designed by Sam This black beauty is the perfect on and off the water statement piece. An everyman trucker dressed up with an epic wave set against a leather patch makes this a truly versatile piece - one that can be worn at the...MSRP:Now: $19.95Was:
MACkiteMSRP:Now: $4.99Was:Send the Crew a Brew! When you think back on your online shopping experiences throughout the year, do you find yourself suddenly and inexplicably daydreaming about those hours you spent on the phone with Aaron, phrases like "stoke", "you know...MSRP:Now: $4.99Was:
Ocean RodeoMSRP:Now: $79.00Was:Ocean Rodeo Go-Joe The Ocean Rodeo Go Joe is the ultimate "leash free" kiteboard retrival accessory. Designed for new riders, and those crotchedly ones who don't like to body drag back to their board, the Go Joe harnesses natural buoyancy and...MSRP:Now: $79.00Was:
MACkiteMSRP:Now: $0.00 - $45.00Was:KoGL Test Fest 2023 - Sept 22-24 KoGL Test Fest Schedule of Events** Friday, September 22, 2023 Noon: Registration Opens 1-6 p.m. Gear Demo (longer if it is windy) Saturday, September 23, 2023 10:00 a.m. Registration...MSRP:Now: $0.00 - $45.00Was: