Job Listing: eBike Mechanic & Sales
We are looking for a seasonal bike mechanic/ salesperson! This person will work directly with our bikes manager to ensure smooth operation of our bike department. This position will be part time with flexible hours. We estimate 20-30 hours per week (up to 40 can be assigned if desired). We are looking for a staff member from May-September (this can be flexible depending on employee needs).
Primary shift will be Tue-Fri anytime between 10-6, and Saturdays 10-3. This position will be located at our warehouse/storefront located at 16881 Hayes St. This would be an excellent opportunity for a college student, teacher, or retiree.
- Unbox and build E-bikes
- Perform maintenance and tune-ups on E-bikes (brakes, derailleurs, etc.)
- Provide E-bike knowledge and information to customers
- Make E-bike sales from start to finish
- General bike knowledge
- Bike maintenance experience (most maintenance is strictly mechanical)
- E-bike specific knowledge is helpful, but not required. We will provide on the job training.
- Excellent personal and customer service skills
- Dependable and honest
What We Offer
- Access to use shop gear when not working. Including kites, wings, bikes, etc.
- The ability to purchase gear at a discounted price
- Paid training
- $15-17.50- Pay is negotiable based on experience.
If interested in this position, please email a resume/references to firstname.lastname@example.org and briefly describe your bike knowledge/experience in your email. We look forward to hearing from you!
MACkite has been sharing the stoke and selling kite gear for almost 40 years! We started out selling stunt kites in Mackinaw City, and have since evolved to become the largest kiteboarding and wingfoiling retailer in North America. Our goal is to improve the fabric of people’s lives by returning them to movement and a youthful spirit. We strive to use our talents and passions to bring the gift of joy into the lives of our customers, our staff, and their families. We are a company “Where Fun Begins”. Another part of our business is E-bikes! We’ve been selling and fixing E-bikes for the past six years.