Ocean Rodeo Go Joe Board Retrieval Attachment
Ocean Rodeo Go-Joe
The Ocean Rodeo Go Joe is the ultimate "leash free" kiteboard retrival accessory. Designed for new riders, and those crotchedly ones who don't like to body drag back to their board, the Go Joe harnesses natural buoyancy and the wind to flip your kiteboard and have it float downwind towards your position. No more need for leashes and hospital visits.
As the IKO notes, "The high accident rate caused by board leashes prompted the majority of kite schools to ban using board leashes long ago. However, some people may still think that they can get away with using one. But, our hard-won experience has taught us that there is no safe way to use a board leash and there are no safe types of board leashes either. Simply, don’t use one. Instead, learn how to kite better so you won't need one. If you are a beginner try using a “Go-jo” device. They look a bit funny but they really work great. If you are still tempted to use a board leash after reading this then just Google “kite board leash injuries” and see what comes up."
The Ocean Rodeo Go-Joe is everything you need for leashless board retrieval assistance: stronger, better, lighter, and easier to use than before. A great idea and an innovative product that is moving from beginners to wave riders and mainstream users. If you don't have one it is worth to check it out.
Traditional surfboard-style leashes used to connect kiters with their boards have proven to be dangerous in both the water and on land. The GO-Joe is a new leash-free tool to assist in the retrieval of your kiteboard without fear of being impacted or impeded by a leashed board. The GO-Joe is perfect for beginners and intermediates learning board recovery techniques. Advanced riders will appreciate the faster board recovery in extreme conditions or while learning new tricks.
What is it?
The GO-Joe is an inflatable tube structure attached to deck of the kiteboard that uses the natural forces of buoyancy distribution and wind to roll your kite board right side up and accelerate it down wind. These features combined with high visibility and additional floatation will make the use of surfboard style leashes in kiteboarding obsolete.
- The unique hour glass design of the inflatable tube structure places the self righting buoyancy at a high pivot point. This distribution of flotation will power roll your board right side up if it lands foot straps down in the water (foot straps down create drag, slowing the boards drift).
- With the board right side up and foot strap resistance eliminated, the GO-Joe is positioned on the board forward of center allowing the wind to turn and sail the GO-Joe down wind towards the rider. If the rider maintains their position with the kite at the zenith the board will simply sail downwind towards you.
- The hour glass shaped design of the GO-Joe fits comfortably between the riders feet and does not restrict mobility. The hour glass shape also eliminates drag caused by spray from the boards rails.
- The GO-Joe is very light and durable using proven manufacturing techniques.
Construction and durability:
- The inflatable tubes are manufactured with the same techniques and materials used on our kite tubes. 110 micron PU inner bladder with HD Nylon outer cover. Bomber!
- Deck mounting plate uses the same construction as our foot pad deck plates.
How to install the GO-Joe
- Simply screw the GO-Joe into the grab handle inserts found on any board. Pump-up the GO-Joe tube, and you are ready to ride! Deflate the GO Joe for easy storage and transport.
- One size fits all; available in high visibility colors.
Simply screw the Go-Joe into the grab handle inserts found on any board. Pump up the Go Joe tube to optimal buoyancy levels, and you are ready to ride! Deflate the Go Joe for easy storage and transport.
One size fits all kiteboards.