Tucker has been into boardsports since he was 4. With those 23 years of experience in surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, wakeboarding, and skimboarding the transition to kiteboarding was only a matter of time. He came to kiting after watching Marc "Winder" make good use of bad waves while he sat on his surfboard. After a few months of practice he was keeping up on the water, making up with board-skills what he lacked in kite-skills. Taking his previous experience into kiting he prefers wakestyle riding and strapless surf when the waves are good. With 4 kids his time is limited, but when he is out you can bet that he will make it worthwhile. Your best chance at catching him on the water is shortly after the sun rises. Tucker is in and out before most are out of bed, often pumping up on pitch black beaches.
In addition to his experience riding almost any board he also can tell you exactly how each is made. If you want to talk tech about construction tech and theory, he is your guy.
Tucker is not only into gear but also quite helpful when you talk to him about progression. Many students and fellow riders have benefited from his advice over his years here. If you are having trouble with your latest trick and just can't seem to get past it, ask Tucker for some advice and get ready to be schooled.
Tucker's Blogs & Videos
Weight - 195 lbs
Riding Style - Waves, Freeride Trickery
- Kites: Peak4 8m, Soul2 15m, OR Aluula Glide Wing 3m
- Wings: OR Aluula Glide Wing 3m&5m, Strike CWC 6m
- Boards: F-one Rocket V2 60L,Appletree Appleslice 90L, Appletree Mini foil 3'6"
- Harness: Softshell for winging
- Wetsuit: Mystic Majestic 3/2 and Volt 6/4 wetsuits
Who is Tucker?
- Favorite spot to ride - Montibu - Montague, MI, mornings anywhere
- When Did You Start Working at the Shop? 2012
- Favorite Quote - “If it fits, it ships”, “Should have been here at 6am”
- Winging or Kiting? Winging in good winds, kiting in light winds
- Coffee or Energy Drink? Coffee
- Big Air or Big Trick? Big wave
- Order Picker or Forklift? Forklift
- Waves or Slick? Waves
- Worst foil fall? I've had a few. Mostly trying goofy tricks. Sitting down foiling in 5' waves earned me a broken nose!
- GoJoe or Retractable Leash? Body drag
- Phone or Livechat? Either, but livechat is nice because I've got a crap memory ;)
- Warm n' Crowded or Cold n' Secluded? Cold and alone
- College or drafted straight out of Highschool/Start of College? BS in Communications. Yes, actually true.
- Favorite Warehouse Memory? Singing gospel with Lucas back in the ole Quonset hut days.
- Work Transport: Onewheel pint or XR? In shop, Pint. Commuting, I'd need that XR range.
- Carbon or Aluminum? Carbon, unless I have to pay for it that is ;)
- Rope Slider or Hook? Rope
- Goofy or Regular? Regular
- Any "Kitemares"? Nothing overly dangerous thankfully. I do tend to get greedy in light wind, so I've swam my fair share of miles
- Fold or Scrunge Your Kite? I am a kite folder for sure. Gotta keep them crispy for the next rider.
- Anything Else the World Should Know About Tucker? Occasionally you might hear strange sounds in my videos. Please disregard. Filming at my homestead with 5 kids, 4 cows, 20 chickens, 16 ducks, 3 dogs, and 4 cats is great but there's rarely a quiet moment :)
Top Gear Picks:
MACkiteMSRP:Now: $4.99Was:Send the Crew a Brew! When you think back on your online shopping experiences throughout the year, do you find yourself suddenly and inexplicably daydreaming about those hours you spent on the phone with Aaron, phrases like "stoke", "you know...MSRP:Now: $4.99Was:
MACkiteMSRP:Now: $0.00 - $45.00Was:KoGL Test Fest 2022 - Sept 23th-25th (Early Registration Has Ended) Registration Fees | Demo Gear List | Schedule of Events | Directions | Photos It's that time of year again - the chance to...MSRP:Now: $0.00 - $45.00Was: