Tucker Vantol Shop Bio
Tucker has been into boardsports since he was 4. With those 23 years of experience in surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, wakeboarding, and skimboarding the transition to kiteboarding was only a matter of time. He came to kiting after watching Marc "Winder" make good use of bad waves while he sat on his surfboard. After a few months of practice he was keeping up on the water, making up with board-skills what he lacked in kite-skills. Taking his previous experience into kiting he prefers wakestyle riding and strapless surf when the waves are good. With 4 kids his time is limited, but when he is out you can bet that he will make it worthwhile. Your best chance at catching him on the water is shortly after the sun rises. Tucker is in and out before most are out of bed, often pumping up on pitch black beaches.
In addition to his experience riding almost any board he also can tell you exactly how each is made. If you want to talk tech about construction tech and theory, he is your guy.
Tucker is not only into gear but also quite helpful when you talk to him about progression. Many students and fellow riders have benefited from his advice over his years here. If you are having trouble with your latest trick and just can't seem to get past it, ask Tucker for some advice and get ready to be schooled.
Weight - 175 lbs
Riding Style - Wakestyle, Strapless surf, Kiteless surf
Dream Quiver -
- Kites: 9m Airush Wave, 13m Airush Razor, 17m Slingshot Turbine
- Boards: Airush Livewire 140 w/ RAD boots, 5’8 Tyrant strapless
- Harness: Pyro Harness
- Wetsuit: Npx Assassin 5/3mm
Favorite spot to ride - Muskegon, N. Shore, mornings anywhere
Favorite Quote - “If it fits, it ships”, “Should have been here at 6am”
Hopes for future - See my kids ride.
"An Intimate Look"
- Slicks or waves? Depends on the wind speed. Under 25 slicks, over 25 waves
- Boots or straps? Boots or strapless
- Ski or snowboard? Board as of late
- Burger or Burrito? – both please
- Warm or windy? - Windy
- Stingpong or price sheet slap? - Stingpong
- Coffee or energy drink? – Coffee press
- Trophy or bragging rights? – Bragging Rights
- Big board or big kite? – big kite
- Sleep or shred? - shred
- Big air or big trick? – Big Trick
- Front zip or back? - Front
- Towel trick or car change? – Towel Trick
- Flannel or stripes? - flannel
- Zep or Beatles? – Get the Led out
- Hug or Hi five? - Both
- Off road or pavement? – Off Road
- Reef or Beach break? - Reef
- Van or Truck? -Van
- Quad or Thruster? - Quad
- Flat or Rockered out? – Rockered out
- Powder or Park? - Park