2020 Slingshot Freestyle 87 Foilboard
What Slingshot has to say about the 2020 Freestyle 87:
NEW for 2020, the Freestyle 87 is the board for dedicated foilers who want to foil even when the trees are trembling. The super compact skim board outline can handle blasting wind speeds while giving you a direct-to-foil feeling with no noticeable swing weight. Big enough to get going in 5.0 conditions the Freestyle 87 is the choice for smaller maneuver oriented riders or anyone who plans to foil as when its windy enough for fun classic windsurfing. Like its bigger brother the Freestyle 115 has both track mount and Tuttle box in the tail, allowing you to mount industry standard Tuttle foils along with the tunability of a sliding track mount. Whether jumping to new heights, or bringing it in hot for a landing you will be full of confidence with this nimble steed under your feet. The Freestyle 87 is our most progressive shape to date.
Board, Mounting hardware, Windsurf footstraps (x3)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THE FREESTYLE 87:
- NEW - Shape & board
- Handles even the strongest wind speeds
- Sliding track foil mount and tuttle box
- Inboard 3-footstrap option, or more outboard 4 strap option
- Skimboard outline packs tons of volume in a compact shape
- Tail cutouts and double concave bottom shape for early release
- Light and stiff biax carbon construction
- Triple reinforced foil track, Tuttle box, and mast track
- Mast track positioned closer to the front straps for balanced freestyle rotations
- Reinforced Foil Track & Tuttle box - Built tough to take all the force a foil can leverage. All the boxes are set into PVC block which is tied into the double T-Stringses providing I-Beam strength. The dual track and tuttle systems allow you to mount just about any foil and precisely place the center of lift for your riding style.
- Biax Carbon Layup - We start with an ultra light EPS foam core wrapped with higher density PVC foam. A PVC Carbon stringer runs down the middle of the boards, combined with glass wrapped T-Stringer to either side providing I-beam strength. Covered top and bottom with Biax Carbon.
- 3 Strap or 4 Strap Options - Whether you demand inboard straps for wave-riding and radical maneuvers or outboard straps for insane reaching ability. Strap it up to suit your style.
- Tail & Rail Cutouts - Allow for early planing release when you are trying to break free of the water and onto the foil.
- Deep Double Concave Bottom Shape - Displacing water on touchdown for smoother re-entry no matter how hot you are coming in.
- Full Deckpad - Our Cushy EVA foam deckpad covers the whole tail of the board so no matter where your Hula dance takes you, your feet will be feeling