Job Listing: Assistant YouTube Video Production Editor
What We’re Looking For:
We're looking for a multi-faceted Assistant Video Editor with great storytelling ability and strong YouTube chops to own the post production process for a weekly video series. Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects roundtrip workflow skills are essential.
Job entails working with our Creative Director, Video Content Manager, other staff Video Editors, and Content Writers to take video projects to final editing and publishing on YouTube. Position requires a high degree of autonomy, but also provides a large amount of creative freedom and opportunities for growth and pliability within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with writing staff to ensure cohesion between script and visual plan. Work with the Creative Director to concept and develop visual language. Editing and working with current editors. Research to develop creative vision/plan that meets the needs of the YouTube Series. Communicate needs and work with illustrators and animators. Animate effective and clear motion graphics. Final polish of video color/sound, and delivery in a timely fashion. Monitor viewer engagement and reception, and cater subsequent content accordingly. Self-sufficient, fast and organized. Attention to detail.
While understanding kiteboarding and watersports isn't a strict requirement, you should have some awareness of the watersports industry, and/or be willing to learn.
Experience working in Youtube/Digital Video, with a strong understanding of what is prioritized and forgiven on the platform. Clarity, pacing, and humor supersede production value. Understand pop culture trends and how to reference them appropriately. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator is a plus.
Tasks to Be Performed:
- Assembling raw footage and transferring or uploading to a computer
- Following a script or outline
- Inputting sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-overs
- Inputting graphics to enhance footage
- Digitally splicing film and video and synchronizing them into one rough cut file
- Improving and correcting lighting, coloring and faulty footage
- Working closely with the Creative Director to present a final product that matches our vision
- Embed published videos to MACkiteboarding.com site blog
- Solid understanding of how cameras, lighting, and sound recording works
- Solid understanding of photo, video, and audio editing
- Fluent in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Mac or PC
- Sourcing music, sound effects, stock photos and stock videos from various online libraries
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Detail oriented and a great note taker
- Research and problem solving skills using documentation and online resources
- Desire to better yourself and grow
- Desire to be useful in helping to grow our own company
- Collaborative mindset
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Graphic design for web and print experience
- Social media marketing experience
- TubeBuddy, VidIQ, or similar YouTube optimizing software
- Understanding the basic principles of content marketing and why it’s important
- Musical background: play an instrument, record music, program music, etc.
- Pay: $18-$20.00 per hour
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Experience in Adobe Premiere Pro: 1-2 years (Required)
- Videography: 1-2 years (Required)
- Work Location: Retail location in Grand Haven, MI
- Work Remotely: Possible in the future after 8-12 months