CODE GIVEAWAY: #CrackTheCode!
Brought to you by Slingshot.
Create your own 1-minute Code testimonial video including your best action on the Code. The winner of the best video will receive a free 8m Code v1.
- Post on Instagram and/or Facebook
- Running from April 17th to May 15th
- Tag and follow @slingshotkite
- Use the hashtag #CrackTheCode for your chance to win.
Progression / Evolution / Performance
- Code V1 Kite
- Kite Bag
- Bladder Patch Kit
OUR TAKE ON THE CODE V1:
Brand new for 2023, Slingshot Kite is introducing the Code V1. The Code V1 is a three-strut do-it-all kite designed to provide the utmost in performance and versatility no matter the conditions or discipline you choose. Sharing design DNA with the big air phenomenon Machine, the Code has been tweaked in order to bring a high level of performance to the masses. Built on a 3-strut hybrid open-C platform, the Code is a breeze to relaunch and is quite maneuverable.
The Code provides a sheet-and-go ease of use while maintaining a high-performance and excellent dynamic bar feel. The Code is a kite that you can confidently pull out of your car and go out and conquer the session no matter the conditions. If you're going to have one kite in your car this coming season, I wouldn’t think twice about having the Code.
Pat talks to Aaron about his latest experiences with the 2023 Slingshot Code V1, a three-strut all-around kite that aims to compete with other kites in this category. The Code V1 is a great boosting kite that is fun to use in any condition, and it has surprisingly good hangtime. He thinks it's one of the better big air kites in this category, as it was developed with their big air team. The Code is a great all-around, freeride kite that is on par with the other kites in its category....
WHAT SLINGSHOT HAS TO SAY ABOUT THE CODE V1:
The all new Code V1 debuts as one of the team's favorite kite models. Its performance versatility in every condition for every discipline builds trust with everyone that rides it. Sharing design DNA from the highly popular Machine, the Code has been refined to extend its performance to all riders of all skill levels. Built on a 3 strut platform the Code is lighter and more maneuverable. The medium aspect ratio Hybrid Open C shape provides intuitive handling, amazing range, great sheet and go performance while still maintain incredible bar feel. The responsive wingtip design create effortless water relaunch for all riders. These performance attributes creates one of the most versatile designs we have ever released.
WHY WE MADE IT
We built the Code V1 to unlock the most performance and versatility in a kiteboarding kite. The Code has been designed to excel at all disciplines and in all conditions no matter your skill level.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- The Code V1 is the best all-around kite in the Slingshot lineup
- The Code V1 is the most intuitive kite we have ever produced
- Performance versatility meets user-friendly simplicity in this all-new kite
NEW REFINED KITE GEOMETRY
- The Code V1 features proprietary kite geometry brought forth by our design team. This new shape and profile have ushered in the potential insane all-around performance versatility in an easy-to-use and intuitive package
NEW REDUCED WEIGHT DACRON
- At Slingshot we are constantly testing and researching new materials. We have implemented a new Dacron in our Leading Edge and Struts that is lighter and more rigid than our past Dacron frames.
- We drastically reduced canopy paneling from previous kite models. This reduction decreases the kite's overall weight while also providing a more aerodynamic canopy profile.
STREAMLINED PULLEY-LESS BRIDLE SYSTEM
- By eliminating pulleys, riders will feel a more instant and direct input kite input. We use ultra-thin and static bridle lines. Riders will feel less drag through the air due to this streamlined bridle system.
ONE PUMP SPEED SYSTEM
- The patented Slingshot invention has gotten an upgrade. We have increased our One Pump tube diameters for cleaner airflow for easier inflation and repositioned the tubes to be more streamlined and durable.
HYBRID OPEN C CANOPY
- 3 Struts keep the kite's overall weight down while enabling lightning-fast response and intuitive handling. The Hybrid Geometry provides insane wind range, instant water relaunch, and unlimited freeride potential.
4X4 CANOPY TECH
- The Code V1 is built with Teijin 4x4 reinforced ripstop nylon. This creates the strongest, stiffest, and most durable canopy on the market. Your kite will last longer and feel more stable in the air, especially in gusty wind
MULTIPLE ATTACHMENT POINTS
- Different attachment points integrated into the kite allow you to fine-tune handling, power, and performance based on your riding style and the conditions of a particular session.