Ozone R1 V3 Closed Cell Foil Kite
Ozone R1 V3 Closed Cell Foil Kiteboarding Kite
OUR UNDERSTANDING OF TRUE RACE PERFORMANCE IS NOT ONLY RAW POWER AND SPEED – IT IS THE COMBINATION OF EVERY ASPECT OF A KITES CHARACTERISTICS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW EASY IT IS TO ACCESS ITS FULL POTENTIAL.
The R1 V3 design is derived from the incredibly successful R1 V2. The race winning performance of the R1 V2 is very easy to tap into, which made it the benchmark kite in the racing scene.
We have refined the design for the V3, taking it to the next level without compromising accessibility to the R1s supercharged performance.
A re-designed internal structure increases strength and support without additional weight. Re-calculated bridal line diameters reduce overall line drag by 14%.
By utilising the ultra high performance V2 design and combining these performance enhancements we have found an overall increase in performance giving the hard-core racer:
- Better angles up and down wind
- Higher top end and lower bottom end range
- Responsive handling
- Increased stability in light wind conditions
- Quicker inflation
All sizes of R1 V3 are IKA registered.
Optional - Ozone FOIL CONTACT WATER V4 Control bar
A CLEAN AND SIMPLE DESIGN, WITH AN EASY-TO-USE TRIM SYSTEM AND FEATURING OUR LATEST INNOVATION - THE CLICK-IN LOOP.
Innovative Click-In Loop
An all-new push-away quick release with an innovative one-step Click-In reload function that is incredibly intuitive. The release handle fits comfortably in the hand, it is quick and easy to activate the release by pushing the handle away. A self-positioning release mechanism locates automatically, ready to be re-loaded by simply ‘clicking’ in the loop. The Click-In Loop…
- The kite is water re-launch-able, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release in 4-Line Closed Cell mode. The 5-line Open Cell mode is recommended for Snow or Land use only. The air intake valves MUST be open when using 5-line mode – if the valves are not set open this will compromise the functionality of the Internal Re-ride Release System and could cause to damage to the kite. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and flying lines for twists before restart.
- Speed System and Bridle lines should be regularly checked and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. If they are worn or not to factory specification (+ or - 15mm) they must be replaced. How To videos and a Bridle Check PDF with all measurements can be found at www.ozonekites.com