Lift eFoil Electric Foilboard
Lift eFoil Electric Foilboard
What Lift has to say about the eFoil
As the creators of the original eFoil, Lift is the leader of this new sport. We've combined the modern technology of electric vehicles with a decade of hydrofoil design and expertise; the result is an elegant and sophisticated ride. Our eFoil is no longer a dream or a prototype—we've been in full production for over a year and have delivered over 1,000 units around the world.
Specs by Board
4'4" Pro w/ 170 Classic
An advanced option and a shop favorite. The smaller size allows the board to swing more freely and make more aggressive turns. When up in the air, it feels like you're riding free on the foil with nothing under your feet. It's compact, meaning easy storage and handling. Note that this board is an advanced option and takes some more practice to fully dominate. Rider weight up to 200 lbs.
5'0" Sport w/ 170 Classic
A bestseller that's the perfect size to do anything you want on the water. Slightly more challenging for eFoil beginners, but you'll appreciate its sporty size after a few hours of practice. Rider weight up to 220 lbs.
5'6" Cruise w/ 200 Classic
This bestseller makes foiling easy for anyone. The perfect size for ample stability and plenty of excitement and performance. If you're looking for confidence and also want to share the ride with others, this board is a stable option. Rider weight up to 240 lbs.
6'2" Explorer w/ 250 Surf
The Cadillac of our eFoil fleet. The 6'2 board sizes paired with the 250 surf wing is made to kick back and just cruise along the coast. With maximum stability and float at slower speeds, this setup is built for comfort.
Quick eFoil Specs
- Sizes: 4'4 Pro, 5'0 Sport, 5'0 E1, 5'6 Cruise, and 6'2 Explorer.
- Ride Time: 40-60 minutes.
- Speed: Up to 25mph.
- Carbon Fiber Wing: Single-piece Classic Design (110, 150, 170, 200 square inch) and two-piece Surf Series (150, 170, 200, 150 Front and 40, 50 Back square inch) carbon fiber wings.
- Carbon Fiber Mast: 28 inch carbon fiber mast.
- Brushless Motor: 5000 watt brushless submersible motor.
- Lithium Ion Battery: 2kW Lithium Ion Battery.
- Charge Time: Under 2 hours.
- Hand Controller: Bluetooth, waterproof.
- Included Cases – Board bag, wing bag, battery charger & strut bag, battery travel case.
Lift worked with top U.S. engineers to create a custom lithium-ion battery pack built specifically for a rugged marine environment.
- Offers an average 60-minute ride time, depending on rider weight and speed. Closer to 90 minutes of riding is common.
- Takes less than 2 hours to fully charge.
- Can be easily interchanged and recharged.
- Is rugged, waterproof, and fully submersible.
- Comes equipped with the most sophisticated internal components and automotive grade manufacturing to keep riders safe.
- Weighs 29 lbs.
The propulsion system delivers the most power and reliability on the market. Period. It's liquid cooled and built to run all day, every day. Tow your friends while you're at it. We've got the power!
- Motor: The motor is sleek and hydrodynamic for reduced drag in the water. Its design is a direct drive with minimal mechanical components (no gearbox needed) for maximum torque, response, and silence. Forget complicated motors with redundant gearboxes that lack torque and will eventually fail. These motors are virtually maintenance free, built to last, and deliver an incredible amount of power.
- Propellers: Lift's propellers are custom milled from a block of the highest grade aluminum, hand polished, balanced, and treated for longevity and marine use. They offer the ultimate thrust-to-energy ratio to increase battery life and deliver power and speed, all for an incredibly smooth and quiet ride.
Wireless Hand Controller
Lift's patented Bluetooth hand controller gives the rider complete control at their fingertips for an effortless, smooth ride.
- Offers the most refined throttle design for total control at your fingertips.
- Uses the most powerful wireless Bluetooth technology.
- Is sealed and completely waterproof. Yes, it floats.
- Features automatic power shut off if the lever is released or if the hand controller is submerged in water.
- Has a display screen with battery charge levels, power settings, alerts, and multiple user profiles.
- Doesn't require charging—one less thing to worry about.
A decade of experience designing and building hydrofoils and high-quality boards led to the creation of the eFoil. Lift has translated the best materials, design skills, and attention to detail into an incredible ride. Their hydrofoils and boards are built from premium carbon fiber, which offers the perfect flex patterns along with toughness and weight reduction. The wings are interchangeable so the rider can swap out different designs for unlimited flying sensations. Assembly is seamless and all components can be broken down for transport within minutes.
How does it work?
The eFoil uses an advanced lithium-ion battery to power a silent electric motor that's mounted on an all-carbon fiber hydrofoil, all controlled with a wireless Bluetooth hand controller. Riders can fly for over an hour at speeds of up to 25 mph.
Who can use a Lift eFoil?
The Lift eFoil is designed for everyone from total beginners looking for a fun and safe experience to top athletes who are seeking their next thrill. We generally recommend the eFoil for riders ages 16 and up, who weigh less than 250 pounds.
What is the difficulty level?
People who have any experience surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding and/or foiling will quickly be able to master the Lift eFoil. For those with no experience, do not worry. It's very easy to learn how to use a Lift eFoil. The engineers at Lift specifically designed a system that is easy to use and fun for all types of levels- from beginners to advanced riders.
How do I use a Lift eFoil?
The feeling of flight is one of the most exhilarating experiences you'll sense.
- We recommend you start by getting a feel for the board and the hand control by lying down on the board first.
- Once you feel comfortable slowly begin to ride on your knees.
- Once you master riding on your knees feel free to stand up.
- Once standing, get a feel for the ride under your feet.
- DO NOT attempt to elevate until you feel comfortable and balanced on the board.
- Once you feel comfortable and balanced on the board while standing, begin to Lift by slowly accelerating and shifting your weight back, touching and going until you get the hang of it and feel balanced.
- We highly recommend you do not tense while you are lifted. The feeling of flight is a foreign experience to most and your initial reaction will be to tense. That is normal, but just relax all your muscles and concentrate on the placement of your feet.
- In order to Lift off the water, you must place your weight on your back foot to allow the board to exit the water, but once it is elevated you need to shift your weight forward to balance the board and fly.
- Remember you need to remain above a certain speed to stay lifted. If you do not add enough speed, you will not lift off the water.
- DO NOT push the throttle all the way down, slowly increase the speed and you will gain enough speed to elevate off the water.
- Maintain a steady speed once elevated.
- Remember, where you look, your body turns and the board will follow.By increasing your speed when lifted, you will turn more seamlessly.
- To stop the board, simply let go of the throttle.
- If you feel you are losing your balance and are going to fall, make your best effort to simply jump away from the board and foil. Do not try to correct. You want to avoid crashing into your equipment and will gradually find an easy way to fall off into the water; it is part of the experience. Just get back on the board and keep riding.
What happens if I run low on battery while riding the eFoil?
The controllers will automatically throttle you back to a low power setting allowing you to get back to shore safely.
Give the gift of flight
Advanced technology meets a passion for exploration in this ye...
eFoil Features and Assembly Highlights
The new eFoil Board lineup
This video reviews the 4 different eFoil board models that are...
Power On: behind the scenes with Lift's battery
It's not science fiction, it's the future. Hear how Lift's eng...
Pro Tips - eFoil Riding Techniques
Walkthru of techniques for improved riding on your Lift eFoil....