2023 CrazyFly Elite III
Sizes: 132 x 41cm / 136 x 41cm / 140 x 42cm
CrazyFly is redefining the future of the ultimate kiteboard. Blending together the most advanced technologies and materials while focusing on the best possible performance, we created the third version of the Elite board. With thirty percent higher breaking strength and 180 grams less weight than the first Elite, the Elite III is the best one yet by far. The Elite III displays the sensuality of high end performance and possesses the elegance of pure, uncompromising design. It is a masterpiece of extreme light weight engineering and demonstrates the outstanding expertise of CrazyFly in all areas of carbon fiber technology.
The Elite III is more than a board, it is a status. To complement its superiority, the Elite III board comes in a boardbag with pads and straps mounted, ready to hit the water. The Elite III premium package hides multiple surprise items.
Performance wise, the Elite III was designed as a high end freeride board. As with every carbon board, the Elite III has quite a lot of pop and dynamics, so the load ?n? pop will not disappoint. Unlike other carbon boards, we believe the Elite III is the most flexible carbon board out there. It definitely is comfortable to ride. Due to its extreme light weight, it is very simple to maneuver and thanks to the double concave bottom shape, it handles chop extremely well and cuts upwind with ease.
Brand new layup features two layers of carbon on the top and two on the bottom. One layer is the CompFlex 4T5 carbon with 45 degree angled fibers for optimal torsion flex, which makes the board stiffer in heel to toe direction. This is topped with a brand news HMX-CF2 carbon which gives the board strength along the length of the board. The HMX-CF2 carbon is the thinnest, lightest and highest tensile strength carbon material. Thanks to its properties it provides a very comfortable medium flex.
With a redesigned Air Inside Core technology, we were able to save another 180 grams compared to the first Elite. This makes the Elite III the lightest board in the world.
HMX-CF2 - Nano Technology Carbon Fibers
- HMX-CF2 carbon is the most advanced carbon fiber technology. The combination of Nano-technology, carbon nanotube reinforced resin and T1000G carbon fiber create the world?s highest tensile strength fiber. Supplied as a prepreg, this carbon always has the perfect ratio of resin spread evenly and creates the best possible molecular bonding. The cohesion between the fibers is improved and allows for incredible strength even at off-axis fiber directions. Expert utilization of the HMX-CF carbon results in an extremely lightweight board with uncompromised power transfer and dynamics.
CompFlex 4T5 carbon - More flex without adding weight
- Elite III layup features two layers of carbon on the top and two on the bottom of the board. One layer is the CompFlex 4T5 carbon with 45 degree angled fibers for optimal torsion flex, which makes the board stiffer in heel to toe direction, but softer along the length of the board. CompFlex 4T5 makes the Elite III more dynamic and responsive, and at the same time created a more comfortable flex. The CompFlex 4T5 is topped with a brand news HMX-CF2 carbon which gives the board strength along the length of the board, but not too much stiffness.
Air Inside Core - Feather Light, Army strong
- This technology is unheard of in kiteboarding. We have taken out pieces of the wood core to optimize the flex pattern of the board and reduce weight. There are true hollow spaces between the top and bottom layup layers of the Elite III with air trapped inside.
Feather Light - Extreme Light Weight Engineering
- The Elite III is the lightest production board in the world. In its mid-size, 136 x 41 cm, the board itself weighs an incredible 1 760 grams. This is 180 grams less than the first Elite. Complete with accessories the Elite III weighs only 2 790 grams, making it the lightest board in the industry. Our engineers have spent tremendous amount of time searching for options to strip down weight without compromising performance and durability. With the air inside wood core and the most advanced carbon technology so far, we successfully created a Feather Light masterpiece.
Unobtainium - The Highest Value, Best Fulfilling Purpose
- Unobtainium is a non-existing material of the highest value, which best fulfills its desired purpose, so we were not able to use it, but we managed to apply this concept while creating the Elite III board. Our designers and engineers had an Unobtainium mindset, and every little detail on this board is made as if it was made from Unobtainium. Every piece was carefully picked and well thought through to best serve its purpose and complement one another in this extremely unique package.
Carbon Touch - Raw Natural Beauty of Carbon
- With over 20 years of experience in working with carbon, CrazyFly is stepping up with the most advanced carbon fiber technology in kiteboarding. The Elite III board is not made with the conventional top sheet construction method. To radically reduce weight and showcase the raw natural beauty of Carbon, our engineers came up with the Carbon Touch technology. HMX-CF2 carbon utilizes Nano-technology, which incorporates a reinforced epoxy resin as well as T1000G carbon fiber. The bonding between the fibers is improved compared to traditional methods, making T1000G the world?s highest tensile strength fiber. This technology does not only make the Elite III board Feather Light and strong, it also enables the user to touch and feel the carbon fibers.
Premium Content - Complete Elite Package
- To complement its superiority, the Elite III board comes as the most premium package out there. The board has pads and straps mounted, ready to hit the water. Fully padded Elite III boardbag to protect your precious board is included, as well as multiple fin options, t-shirt, stickers, accessories transport bag and even a certificate to show that you are the Elite.