2021 Slingshot Asylum Kiteboard
2021 Slingshot Asylum Kiteboard
Sizes: 138 / 141cm
Now built with Slingshot's new Hot Sheet 10k Carbon Stringer, the ASYLUM returns for 2021 as the top choice for freestyle and core riders. Thanks to its unique blend of tip/tail channels and aggressive rocker, the ASYLUM smoothly yields both pop and grip like no other board they make.
MORE ABOUT THE 2021 ASYLUM
A hard-charging freestyle favorite, the 2021 ASYLUM is a performance board loaded with cutting-edge design features for aggressive riders who like to go big, ride fully powered and push the limits in the name of progression. For 2021, the ASYLUM's flex has been optimized with Slingshot's new Hot Sheet 10k Carbon Stringer, which delivers massive pop and outstanding flex/rebound characteristics. Tip/tail channels and chined rails offer all the drive you need for upwind performance, as well as insane tracking through all water conditions. How ever you choose to ride your ASYLUM (it's engineered to ride with or without fins), rest assured the ASYLUM is backed by Slingshot's legendary construction and durability.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THE ASYLUM
- Slingshot's board with the most pop and rebound
- One of the most durable twin tips ever made (thanks to the combo of its Dura-Light Base and Atomic Wood Core)
- Slingshot's highest performance freestyle board- the go-to for WKL, WKC and Air Games World Champ, Carlos Mario
Package includes: Asylum board, kite fins 4 x 1.75" (1.9x15.2cm), grab handle
- Hot Sheet 10k Carbon Stringer: The stiffest carbon stringer in any board Slingshot makes results in maximum rebound and pop for superior freestyle and big-air capabilities.
- Atomic Wood Core: Sustainably grown Paulownia gives the lively, springy character that Slingshot boards are famous for. Vertically laminated construction harnesses the collective strength of the wood's grain and provides strength, durability and consistent flex over the life of the board.
- Carbon Bedrock Inserts: Light, flexible and durable inserts that maintain the board's flex underfoot for a consistent feel from tip to tail.
- Chined Plane Rails: Designed to completely redirect spray away and down, these belly channels reduce the area of contact between the board and the surface of the water. The chined rails also help prevent catching an edge on fast and sketchy landings.
- Singleshot Fusion Sidewall: Slingshot's transferred the same technology found in high durometer urethane skateboard wheels into the rail of all their boards. Their innovative manufacturing process literally infuses the rail into the board cores in one single shot, producing unrivaled dampening and durability.
- Precision Laser Cut Channels: By utilizing the latest in laser-cutting technology, all of their boards feature the cleanest, most precise construction. What this laser tech means to you as a rider is boards that have consistently cleaner takeoffs, smoother landings, better response, tons of grip, load-and-pop, and upwind drive.
- Dura-Light Base: This .2mm base material is the ideal strength to weight ratio. Lightweight performance in a strong and durable package.
- Continuous Rocker: A smooth, consistent curve provides a fast ride, predictable pop, great carving performance and disperses water to soften landings.
All of Slingshot's twin tips are made with Sustainably Sourced Wood. Their wood providers are Forest Stewardship Council approved ensuring that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits. These standards expand protection of water quality, prohibit harvest of rare old-growth forest, prevent loss of natural forest cover and prohibit the use of highly hazardous chemicals. This approval also protects customary rights of indigenous people, ensuring their voices are part of the certification process and impacts of forest operations are addressed.