2020 North Focus Hybrid Kiteboard
The Focus is a high-performance freestyle board precisely engineered to push the boundaries and generate ultimate pop for aggressive freestyle moves.
Greater traction allows you to hold that rail and edge harder, while the geometrically stiffer backbone enables more controlled takeoffs.
Your ideal balance between stiffness and flex, with butter-soft tips to reduce the impact load on landings and glide through chop.
- Unidirectional carbon structural reinforcements for precision flex and response.
- Hybrid construction has a more forgiving flex so you can ride for longer, with flow and form.
- Harmonious equilibrium between rocker, outline and flex delivers easy carving through turns and greater traction, allowing you to hold that rail and edge harder to load up the board for an explosive release.
- Stomp your landings. Quad channels and butter-soft tips spread the load and soften the impact.
- Progressive rocker line and squarer, flatter outline generates ultimate pop for aggressive freestyle moves.
- Quad concave bottom shape forms a geometrically stiffer backbone for more controlled takeoffs, with dynamic flex to disperse chop with ease
- 4 x 40mm Composite Fins
- 4x Washers
- 10x M6x16mm screws
- 1x TwinTip Handle
*Bindings sold separately
- Fix Wake Boots
- Flex TT Bindings
The Hybrid construction has strategically placed layers of unidirectional carbon tape in high load areas, for reinforcement of the E-glass laminate, sandwiched with a Paulownia wood core. This allows for a well-balanced, forgiving flex and ride comfort.
The flex characteristic of every TwinTip Board is determined by multiple features built into each specific design.
Core thickness variations and taper as well as detailing, longitudinally and laterally play the most significant part in controlling the overall flex and feel. Board specific laminate layups then allow us to further fine tune the flex and board characteristics.
We adjust the stiffness lengthwise and torsionally in conjunction with the rocker line, plan shape view and profile of the board, to give each board its specific performance characteristics.
PAULOWNIA WOOD CORE
Lightweight and impact resistant Paulownia wood core. Paulownia is a highly renewable hardwood species, with one of the highest strength to weight ratios of any wood in the world. Ultra lightweight, with a high shear force and high impact resistance, Paulownia wood forms a non-toxic core which significantly displaces the amount of foam or resin used in manufacturing, thereby reducing carbon emissions. Each board has a customized core thickness individually fine-tuned to ensure its characteristics are consistent throughout the range, no matter your size or weight