2020 North Atmos Hybrid Kiteboard
A high-performance freeride board for excessive boosting, looping and soft landings. The Atmos lets you edge in harder to load up the board, build up line tension and release into Earth's atmosphere. The perfect harmony between outline, rocker and flex makes this the ultimate all-terrain board for progressing your freeride to another level, in all conditions. The Atmos has a playful feeling, and yet is powerful upwind with precise edge control for carving. Designed to ride overpowered with ease and control, while still enabling early planing and low-end performance.
- Grab Rail integrated into deck shape to provide easy grip for “board-offs.”
- Unidirectional carbon tapes for structural reinforcement, precision flex and response.
- Hybrid construction Paulownia wood core with fiberglass laminate layup and carbon reinforcement delivers a more forgiving flex so you can ride for longer, with flow and form.
- Dynamic board flex allows you to ride in comfort, with precise edge control for carving.
- Medium rocker allows for early planing and great low-end performance with balanced flex pattern for rapid response and explosive pop.
- Single concave center to quad channel tips absorbs impact and ensures stable and predictable landings.
- Medium-high outline curve delivers easy carving through turns and always provides optimized grip.
- 4 x 40mm Composite Fins
- 4x Washers
- 10 x M6x16mm screws
- 1 x TwinTip Handle
*Bindings sold separately
- Flex TT Bindings
The Hybrid construction has strategically placed layers of unidirectional carbon tape in high load areas, for reinforcement of the E-glass laminate, sandwiched with a Paulownia wood core. This allows for a well-balanced, forgiving flex and ride comfort.
The flex characteristic of every TwinTip Board is determined by multiple features built into each specific design.
Core thickness variations and taper as well as detailing, longitudinally and laterally play the most significant part in controlling the overall flex and feel. Board specific laminate layups then allow us to further fine tune the flex and board characteristics.
We adjust the stiffness lengthwise and torsionally in conjunction with the rocker line, plan shape view and profile of the board, to give each board its specific performance characteristics.
PAULOWNIA WOOD CORE
Lightweight and impact resistant Paulownia wood core. Paulownia is a highly renewable hardwood species, with one of the highest strength to weight ratios of any wood in the world. Ultra lightweight, with a high shear force and high impact resistance, Paulownia wood forms a non-toxic core which significantly displaces the amount of foam or resin used in manufacturing, thereby reducing carbon emissions. Each board has a customized core thickness individually fine-tuned to ensure its characteristics are consistent throughout the range, no matter your size or weight