2020 Liquid Force Wow v4 Kiteboarding Kite
Expected Arrival: Early October!
What Liquid Force has to say about the Wow:
Sizes: 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 12 / 14m
The WOW v4, with a complete redesign, offers wave seekers and strapless surf freestylers a kite with effortless flying characteristics. This kite lets you focus on pulling the next move, making unmakeable sections, and placing yourself perfectly in the pocket.
Our goals for the WOW v4 were to improve response from the bar, increase turning speed, and tighten the axis point radius of the turning arc while retaining the superior slack line drift the WOW has always been known for. To accomplish this, our design change started with an exploration of a completely new profile and shape. After countless hours of computer-aided design, numerous prototypes, and months of testing, we have arrived at a new profile arc and a new "boxy" shape that meets all of our design goals.
Increased bar response improves the intuitive feel, rapid pivotal turning axis lets you precisely place the kite where you want it, and the smooth power delivery can easily be dumped on demand to handle erratic and gusty wind or to grant complete depower for surfing without the pull of the kite. We didn't stop with just a new profile and overall shape. The wingtips of the WOW v4 have evolved to be more elongated so the kite can handle more rear-line tension. This helps eliminate back-stalling and provides rapid re-launch. It also permits more aggressive use of the new profile in lighter wind, making it possible to size down and ride with confidence.
- Lightweight 3-strut platform that offers excellent canopy stability and superior drift.
- "Boxy" shape and low profile for quick pivotal axis turning, smooth power delivery, and easy-to-manage depower.
- Teijin Triple Ripstop and Dacron material provide strength, UV protection and tear resistance that's specifically developed for harsh kite surfing conditions.
- Simple no-pulley bridle support. Lightweight and responsive by design. The lack of pulleys creates a more direct connection from rider to kite while eliminating unwanted weight on the the leading edge.
- This LE wingtip design, combined with the LF tape batten, prevents accidental bridle wraps.