2020 Ion Riot Curv 14 Select Harness
What Ion has to say about the Riot Curv Select:
The Riot Curv 14 Select is by far the lightest and most durable hardshell harness on the market featuring ION's revolutionary thermo-composite CURV material. Thanks to high-end add-ons like the C Bar 3.0 (Hook/Webbing Slider), Double D Buckles and Kite_Knife Multitool 2.0, the Select level stands out from the crowd. With a flex index of 14, all loads are distributed perfectly through its rigid 3D pre-shaped center part. Together with the lower cut outline, this medium rigid to rigid harness offers great freedom of movement, further enhanced by the flexible side parts. Additionally, on the inside a silicone print prevents the harness from riding up while water-repellent Hyper foam contributes to outstanding performance for extra-long water action.
Harness Outline: LOW
Spreader bar included!
- 3D Plus Spine - The Curv harness range comes with a 3-dimensional version of the PLUS Spine feature, which results in an even stronger back support with flexible sideparts
- Lightweight curv composite construction. Thanks to its light construction combined with a clever mix of materials, this harness ranks as the most durable and lightweight hard shell on the market
- Internal Flex Belt - A flexible closing belt system on the inside guarantees a snug fit and adapts perfectly to the rider’s individual anatomy.
- Viscous elastic Hyper Foam that creates an ergonomic fit without sucking water
- C Bar - Comfort, lightweight, and a sleek design – the C_Bar 3.0 unites all these advanced features into a single piece. Fiber reinforced injection material with a modular exchangeable aluminum hook and Dynema webbing (rope). The tension lever tightens the harness without changing the buckle settings.
- Ultralight and rigid, metal Double D closing system allows a quick and perfect adjustment of the spreader bar webbings. This system has already proven itself in various sports items like climbing gear or helmets.
- Kiteknife Multitool 2.0 including double bit with 3/32 hex key and PH3
- HPL Slider
- Inside EVA - prevents the harness from slipping
|Size USA||Waist (IN/CM)|
|Small||28 - 31 / 71 - 78|
|Medium||30 - 33 / 76 - 83.8|
|Large||32 - 35 / 81 - 89|
|X-Large||34 - 37 / 86 - 94|
I got the hook with the rope spreader bar and am not happy with it. I usually ride with a rope spreader bar on my Ride Engine harness and it is better without the hook as it hits the hook and keeps to one side mostly. I love the harness and am getting the rope only spreader bar today. I got the spreader bar with the hook also so I can take the kite from my wife without undoing my chicken loop.