2020 Ion Gearbag Tec 1/3 Golf
2020 Ion Gearbag Tec 1/3 Golf
What Ion has to say about the Gearbag Tec 1/3 Golf:
Bon Voyage! You've experience the thrill of kiting and want to take it to the next level. Ion's gearbags allow you to hold multiple boards and kites as well as some accessories, allowing you to focus on enriching your soul by visiting sandy beaches and picturesque cityscapes.
|Sizes||Max Board Size||Bag Outside||Weight|
145 x 45 cm
148 x 47 x 38 cm
- Lightweight - Thanks to the use of thin and lightweight ripstop fabric combining with ultra-lightweight foam padding, ION board bags ensure best board protection at minimal weight.
- Space for 1 twintip and 3 kites
- Rail protection for surfboards - Put your mind at ease with the Rail Guard feature. Covering the full rail of the board, the thick piping protects the rails from clumsy baggage handlers, over zealous taxi drivers and all other kinds of impact.
- Bag Breeze 2.0 - The two TPU patches on the front and back of the bag, are combined with the mesh inserts at the front and tail to ensure great ventilation. The mesh inserts are completely EVA padded, perfect to protect your precious board. Say goodbye to a hot damp interior and hello to a breezy bag for your wetsuit and board!
- Top loader
- Connective Handle - Gone are the days of hauling your boardbag in an awkward fashion across airport floors. ION has developed the Connective_ Handle as a simple solution for those tricky times. Using this accessory, you can connect the front handle of the Tec Boardbag to your trolley bag or airport trolly and calmly cruise to the check in counter.
- Sherpa Belt - The sherpa_belt makes travelling even easier: simply put the belt around your shoulders and have your hands free for all the other stuff you need to take care of while traveling.
- Curv plate - A thermo molded Curv plate ensures great stiffness combined with light weight and durability. The plate is protecting the area that is getting the most friction while traveling.
- PU coated Nylon 600D
I verified the weight of this bag, it actually weighs in a bit below the advertised weight which is already lower than almost any other kite bag that size. Everything seems to be super high quality, the wheels are smooth and that shoulder strap for pulling it without using your arms is genius. If you need a bag for 145 cm board I really cannot think of a better option without sacrificing weight. My only gripe is that the lid is not padded so you must put your kites on top. I typically pack BOARD-KITES-BOARD to keep them from chafing against each other. Also, as much as they wrote "golf bag" on it.. they also wrote "board bag" lol..
Of all other bags this is probably the best. There's a good overview on Youtube, look it up. Looks and feels very solid. If you remove bindings you can fit more than one boards of course, but fitting 3 kites may be an issue depending on kite size. Also the weight is of concern - the bag itself weighs almost 4 kg (8lb), so fitting the airline weight limit may be difficult. I don't know what other bags like 2/4 are for as they definitely will be overweight and oversize. This is an optimal solution.