2020 Duotone Pro Fish Surfboard
2020 Duotone Pro Fish Surfboard
SMALLER WAVE / CLASSIC SURF
What Duotone Has to say about the Pro Fish :
The Pro Fish is brand new to the lineup for 2020 and arose out of the need to have a board that excels in small waves and light wind.
The Pro Fish is brand new to the lineup for 2020 and arose out of the need to have a board that excels in small waves and light wind. But don’t be fooled by the name, the fish is not a cruise-y retro board, but rather a high performance machine that will handle even when the waves get bigger. The Pro Fish is easy and forgiving, but at the same time also very performance-oriented. From 1 foot to 6 foot, once you ride the Pro Fish you'll be spoiled forever.
- SMALL WAVE SLAYER - SNAPPY, FAST AND FUN, EVEN IN THE SMALLEST WAVES.
- GREAT ALLROUNDER WITH EASY PERFORMANCE - THE PRO FISH SIMPLY MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD, EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO DO, THE PRO FISH MAKES IT WORK.
- INCREDIBLE SPEED GENERATION IN SMALL WAVES - DUE TO NEW FISH SHAPE AND ACCELERATION ABILITIES, THIS BOARD IS FUN EVEN IN THE SMALLEST WAVES.
- LIGHT TEAM CONSTRUCTION - A VERY LIGHT, STILL VERY ROBUST CONSTRUCTION WITH A LOT OF FEEDBACK FOR THE RIDER.
- CORK SHOCK ABSORBER 2.0 - THE CORK SHOCK ABSORBER 2.0 IS APPLIED AS A DAMPER IN THE HEEL AREA OF THE SURFBOARD TO AVOID HEEL DENTS.
- VACUUM EPOXY CUSTOM - THE BEST MIX FOR A PURE SURF FEEL, BUT STILL ROBUST AND DURABLE ENOUGH TO TAKE THE IMPACTS A KITESURF BOARD NEEDS TO TAKE.
Cork offers excellent absorption characteristics and reforms entirely without leaving any visible dents in contrast to PVC. Therefore, it is applied as a damper in the heel area of the surfboards.
Grab Rails for easier freestyle tricks, durability and comfortable general riding.
Technora is a para-aramid fibre with excellent technical properties for high performance kite surfboards. It’s high-tensile strength, good fatigue resistance and long term dimensional stability make it an ideal fibre for use in areas of boards that take repeated impact. We have oriented the Technora fibre in a way that does not affect the overall feel and flex of the board and have slightly altered our overall layup in order to not add any additional weight to the boards while still taking full advantage of the superior strength of Technora to prevent cracking and breakage.
Using bamboo in our surf boards, we take full advantage of the dynamic qualities of this natural product. Optimized layers and the mix with composite materials help us to construct powerful, agile and versatile surf boards that come with a unique flex – responsive flex!
LIGHT TEAM CONSTRUCTION
We are using a more labor intensive, multi-step vacuum bag process that yields a super strong, lightweight board with a custom, hand sanded finish. The most substantial change to the light team construction, is that we no longer use a full bamboo sandwich. The cork shock absorber, which used to be concealed under the bamboo sandwich, is now clearly visible under the deck skin and allows the deck to flex and absorb shock like a custom PU board with minimal to no heel denting, thanks to the underlying reinforcements and the remarkable memory properties of cork. Pure surf board feel in an ultra light but durable construction!
All boards now come with our own Futures Fins compatible fin boxes. Two side set screws and no rear tab allow for a wider tolerance of fin fitting and ensure a perfect and tight fit every time whether you’re using our high quality composite fins or any stock after market Futures brand fin. Easy to install and uninstall even with Sand and Salt.