2020 Cabrinha FX Kiteboarding Kite
2020 Cabrinha FX Kiteboarding Kite
What Cabrinha has to say about the 2020 FX:
Freestyle / Crossover Kite
Sizes: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14
3 strut, Modified C shape arc, Wide wing tip, moderate aspect ratio design, Freestyle profile, 3 bridle setting options
For riders that mix hooked and unhooked freestyle tricks, love jumping big and kiteloops
The world of Freestyle / Crossover kiting has evolved into an exciting genre in our sport. Once a very narrow and technical discipline is now a mix of technical tricks and massive aerial maneuvers... both hooked in and unhooked. For this you need a kite with the sensitivity and 'slack' when unhooked and the ability to boost and throw huge kite loops.
The FX delivers on these fronts and more with the power and handling to take your riding seriously.
Features and Benefits
- NEW Nano Ripstop canopy, the new bench mark in durability, stability and responsiveness. A higher level of performance can only be achieved when the kite's design properties are supported by a stable and reactive kite material. Nano Ripstop does just that.
- NEW Optimized Dacron layout for reduced weight & improved handling characteristics
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability. Our Dacron is specifically designed for inflated kite structures. The construction of this material is very warp oriented using ultra high tenacity yarns with an increased thread count to combat elongation in the warp direction under high inflation pressures. Lower elongation makes for a more accurate kite with less deformation while in flight.
- Pure Profile Panels for efficient aerodynamics. The strategically placed panels provide ultimate control over the aerodynamic profiles in the kite. Smooth and stable profile entry. Improved overall kite efficiency, performance, and range. Faster flying through the sky giving you a broader range of performance.
- Skeletal Frame Provides the structure that keeps the kite design true to its intended shape while in-flight. The stable frame drives the kite through turbulence with a minimal amount of deformation and has excellent overall de-power. The inflated leading edge introduces the laminar flow of air across the kite's Pure Profile panels, for a quick recovery if stalled and prevents the kite folding on itself. The inflatable structure reduces the amount of bridling required for stability. It also provides safety by providing some flotation in the water, and enables easy re-launch.
- 1X Security Upon activation of 1X's single line flagging system the power of a kite is immediately killed and it will rest motionless on the water or land.
- Sprint System W/ Airlock The Sprint inflation systems is the most efficient and easy way to get our kite inflated and deflated quickly. The enlarged Airlock valve quickly feeds air into all of the struts from a single location. The Airlock connection to the Sprint pump requires no special adapters. Once inflated, you can lock off each strut independently to keep your kite's rigid frame, and isolate any accidental strut deflation from the rest of the kite. When the session is over, the entire kite will deflate in seconds thanks to the Airlock valve's large dump feature.
- Dynamic Arc Dynamic arc allows the kite to have two distinct arc shapes. The arc of the kite takes on one shape while flying, and another shape while in resting mode on the water. While resting on the water the arc opens up slightly to facilitate an easier relaunch.
- Power Control Every Cabrinha kite comes with a simple, user adjustable way to choose the power level of the kite. Each rear line "pig tail" connector has three power positions you can connect to. The middle position is the factory recommended position. However, the user can choose to create more power by connecting the knot closest to the kite, or less power by connecting to the knot closest to the rider.
- No pulley bridle for a more direct steering input and feedback
- Three Leading Edge bridle options to customize arc shape and performance
- Explosive pop and slack for freestyle maneuvers
- Forward pull and quick recovery for kiteloops
- Smooth power delivery with excellent depower
- More drive than a traditional C-shaped kite
Not as fast as expected