2020 Cabrinha Drifter Kiteboarding Kite
2020 Cabrinha Drifter Kiteboarding Kite
What Cabrinha has to say about the 2020 Drifter:
Surf / Freestyle Surf Kite
Sizes: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
3 strut, moderate aspect ratio hybrid design. Surf/drift wing tip design, 2 bridle setting options
Specifically designed for kitesurfing in waves and strapless surf freestyle
One of the most interesting things about the Drifter is its ability to engage and disengage its power on command. While catching a wave you want all the power you need but while surfing, you often want the kite to completely disappear while you surf on your own power.
It's in this moment of pure surfing where you want a kite that 'drifts' down the line with you in a stable and predictable way. We dubbed this phenomenon Drift Stability and it is the crucial ingredient in a performance surf kite. And it's here where the Drifter has no equal.
Features and Benefits
- NEW Nano Ripstop canopy, the new bench mark in durability, stability and responsiveness. A higher level of performance can only be achieved when the kite's design properties are supported by a stable and reactive kite material. Nano Ripstop does just that.
- NEW Optimized Dacron layout for reduced weight & improved handling characteristics
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability. Our Dacron is specifically designed for inflated kite structures. The construction of this material is very warp oriented using ultra high tenacity yarns with an increased thread count to combat elongation in the warp direction under high inflation pressures. Lower elongation makes for a more accurate kite with less deformation while in flight.
- Pure Profile Panels for efficient aerodynamics. The strategically placed panels provide ultimate control over the aerodynamic profiles in the kite. Smooth and stable profile entry. Improved overall kite efficiency, performance, and range. Faster flying through the sky giving you a broader range of performance.
- Skeletal Frame Provides the structure that keeps the kite design true to its intended shape while in-flight. The stable frame drives the kite through turbulence with a minimal amount of deformation and has excellent overall de-power. The inflated leading edge introduces the laminar flow of air across the kite's Pure Profile panels, for a quick recovery if stalled and prevents the kite folding on itself. The inflatable structure reduces the amount of bridling required for stability. It also provides safety by providing some flotation in the water, and enables easy re-launch.
- 1X Security Upon activation of 1X's single line flagging system the power of a kite is immediately killed and it will rest motionless on the water or land.
- Sprint System W/ Airlock The Sprint inflation systems is the most efficient and easy way to get our kite inflated and deflated quickly. The enlarged Airlock valve quickly feeds air into all of the struts from a single location. The Airlock connection to the Sprint pump requires no special adapters. Once inflated, you can lock off each strut independently to keep your kite's rigid frame, and isolate any accidental strut deflation from the rest of the kite. When the session is over, the entire kite will deflate in seconds thanks to the Airlock valve's large dump feature.
- Dynamic Arc Dynamic arc allows the kite to have two distinct arc shapes. The arc of the kite takes on one shape while flying, and another shape while in resting mode on the water. While resting on the water the arc opens up slightly to facilitate an easier relaunch.
- Power Control Every Cabrinha kite comes with a simple, user adjustable way to choose the power level of the kite. Each rear line "pig tail" connector has three power positions you can connect to. The middle position is the factory recommended position. However, the user can choose to create more power by connecting the knot closest to the kite, or less power by connecting to the knot closest to the rider.
- Onshore and Offshore conditions settings Offshore setting optimizes performance for surfing in side shore and offshore wind. This facilitates better upwind ability which allows for easier cutbacks in offshore wind. Onshore setting optimizes performance for surfing in side shore and onshore wind. This setting provides for the maximum amount of "drift" as well as tighter turning.
- Slackline Drift The ability to park itself and stay aloft longer when the lines go slack so you can focus entirely on riding the wave.
- Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
- Slackline Drift for down-the-line surfing
- Light bar pressure with direct and responsive steering
- Great pop for strapless freestyle tricks
- Fast power and depower response
- Quick kite acceleration and deceleration
- Fast relaunch
Great kite and the best shop in the country
Very stable and predictable kite, light enough to fly in light wind, fast and fun to fly
@5’4” 125# this 5 M drifter got me off the beach and out to the hatchery for some good fetching waves. I love the Drifter line. even when the wind slacks it’s easy to fly to get you outta the lulls. highly recommend this kite.