2019 Slingshot RPM Kiteboarding Kite
What Slingshot has to say about the 2019 RPM
For years, the RPM was fine-tuned to load, pop and go slack in the air before re-engaging. We had the tuning down to a science, and it helped give multiple freestyle world champions their gold medals. Our mission with the 2019 RPM was to change that - not to eliminate anything - but to shift the kite’s tuning to where we see the sport shifting. At the level the RPM is designed for that means bigger, better, loftier in-air performance. From slack to soar, the 2019 RPM is the world’s go-to kite for versatile freeride performance.
- NEW Modified Open-C: We decreased the open-C arc of the RPM in favor of a fuller and deeper C. This is a significant change to the kite, on the beach it will look about the same, but in the air, anyone who knows the RPM will see and feel the difference right away. This difference in shape has a big impact on performance - most notably in overall power, structural stability, hangtime, and control in the air.
- NEW FLYLINE Bridle: A combination of the pulleyed bridle featured on previous RPM models and the bungee IRS bridle we engineered a few years ago. We introduced pulleys on the RPM to give the kite more structural stability and dynamic steering. Then we replaced the pulleys with our IRS bungee system to achieve a more direct feel and smoother power delivery as the kite flies through the window. The FLYLINE bridle combines both pulley and bungee in a new configurtion that results in a faster, higher-flying, more powerful RPM than ever before.
- NEW LoadShift: The new configuration of the FlyLine bridle and the location of the pulley and bungee segments give the 2019 RPM a dynamic steering behavior unlike any other kite we’ve made. In what is best described as ‘Load Shift’ the FlyLine bridle transfers power and load actively from wingtip-to-wingtip as it flies. Where other kites would warp or twist under load, buckle at the wingtips, flutter or stall out in the air, the new RPM shifts and distributes load actively throughout the canopy, resulting in smoother, cleaner, more powerful performance.
- World-class unhooked performance- the kite of choice for Carlos Mario, if that name rings a bell.
- Hybrid Open-C shape delivers big boosts and smooth, predictable loops.
Open-C Profile: The perfect balance between the boosting, looping, load and pop of a C-Kite with the versatility, safety and smooth power control of a hybrid
FLYLINE Bridle: New for 2019, the FLYLINE bridle features our IRS bungee line and a pulley line. The combination delivers more power, bigger jumping potential and more structural stability in the kite canopy.
Load Shift: Where other kites would warp or twist under load, buckle at the wingtips, flutter or stall out in the air, Load Shift on the new RPM shifts and distributes load actively throughout the canopy, resulting in the smoother, cleaner, more powerful performance.
Bomber Slingshot Construction: Strategic panel and seam layout, reinforced stitching, Kevlar skuff patches, ripstop canopy, D2 trailing edge, premium polyurethane bladders and much more make Slingshot kites the most durable and longest lasting on the market.
Customize Your Ride: Multiple attachment points on the leading and trailing allow you to change and fine-tune the kite's handling and performance based on your preferences, riding style and the conditions.
SplitStrut: SplitStrut is a Slingshot innovation the at integrates the struts into the canopy as opposed to the canopy being sew on over the struts. SplitStrut gives the kite better rigidity and stability and allows for lighter, more aerodynamic strut construction.
One Pump Speed System: A Slingshot original, One Pump reduces inflation time and makes your job of getting pumped up and on the water faster and easier.
|Kite Size||Windrange (KN)||Bar Size|
|4.5 M||24 +||17" or 20"|
|6 M||22 - 34||17" or 20"|
|7 M||19 - 33||17" or 20"|
|8 M||16 - 31||17" or 20"|
|9 M||14 - 29||20"|
|10 M||13 - 27||20"|
|11 M||12 - 24||20"|
|12 M||10 - 22||20" or 23"|
|14 M||8 - 17||20" or 23"|
*Based on 175 lbs - 80 kg rider
The Slingshot Compstick bar with the Guardian system sets the industry standard for simplicity and effectiveness. The "everything you need and nothing you don't" mentality of Slingshot is personified in this beautiful piece of kite-controlling artwork.
17" x 20m - Kite sizes 4-8 meters
20" x 20m + 3m extensions - Unviersal size for kites 4-17 meters
23" x 27m - Kite sizes 14-17 meters
The Slingshot Compstick bar with the Sentinel system features everything you enjoyed about the classic Compstick, with an above-the-bar depower system. Don't be confused by the synonymous names - the two Slingshot bar offerings are clearly differentiated by the location of the depower system and an updated safety release system. If you enjoy more of an "out of the way" setup, the Sentinel is the bar for you.
Control bar sizes are consistent with the above chart.
If you’re a dedicated surfer/freerider and you aren’t looking to unhook, the new Talon is the perfect addition to your Slingshot bar. The chicken loop is quickly and easily replaced with the Talon system to bring the bar closer to your chest and allow more fluid motion between the bar and your harness system.
RIDE ENGINE SPREADER BAR IS REQUIRED FOR THE TALON CHICKEN LOOP REPLACEMENT
360 view: Drag to rotate, scroll to zoom
We want you to be as confident in your purchase of a Slingshot kite as we are in the genuine quality we build into every product we make. That is why we offer an exclusive 30-day performance guarantee, in addition to our standard warranty policy.
If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your Slingshot kite within the first 30 days of purchase, we will exchange it for a different Slingshot kite.*
The kite must have been purchased NEW from an authorized Slingshot Sports dealer, within the last 30 days. All CURRENT MODEL YEAR (inline) kites are eligible for this program and can be exchanged for an equivalent size of a different model of the same model year (e.g. 2019).