Ride With Blake: How to Ride Upwind in Light Wind
How to Ride Upwind in Light Wind - Ride with Blake: Vlog 16
For some, riding in light winds can be a little challenging. How can you ride upwind? Blake goes through the "Blake Necessities" on how to ride in lighter winds.
1. Get a big board or a foil
2. Shorten the wind window in strong winds - keep within the power zone
3. Perform S-turns with the kite to get movement and to generate power and lift
4. Go down wind in order to go upwind - don't get too ambitious with edging
5. Have fun and don't care about having to walk up the beach - practice, practice, practice!