2019 Naish Slash Kiteboarding Kite
The Slash is back for 2019 as Naish’s dedicated wave kite. The Slash is known for its drift, wide wind range and quick reaction time. The leading edge bladder has been further tapered through the wingtip, creating an even smaller diameter for improved turning speed and Response. The Slash has increased its low-end power and slightly decreased bar pressure for 2019. The new Quad-Tex material used on the canopy and high tensile thread on the leading edge allows this kite to take a beating in the surf. The Quad-Tex material also allows for a reduction in overall kite weight by maintaining canopy rigidity with the removal of Dacron strut panels. Bladder lock has also been added to ensure there is no bladder movement when inflating, deflating, crashing or packing. The Slash in Naish’s dedicated wave kite for down the line surfing.
What Naish has to say about the Slash
The ideal choice to stoke out dedicated wavekiters, the 2019 Slash delivers unmatched drift, a wide wind range and quicker reaction time.
The leading edge bladder has been further tapered through the wingtip, creating an even smaller diameter for improved turning speed and response. Providing incredible low-end power and the best down-the-line drift in the Naish line, the bar pressure has also been slightly decreased to help fight fatigue and keep kiters on the water even longer. Made to take a beating in heavy surf, the Quad-Tex canopy remains the strongest material in the industry, while the leading edge seam features a new thread that tested off the charts in strength. Thanks to the strength that Quad-Tex provides, Dacron strut panels can be removed without a loss of canopy rigidity, allowing for further weight reduction. Bladder Lock has also been added to ensure there is no movement in the leading edge bladder or struts when inflating, deflating, crashing or packing.
The Slash has established itself as Naish’s premier wave kite, providing incredible down-the-line drift and stable flight, perfect for park-and-ride style kitesurfing.
- Quad-Tex Ripstop Fabric = stiffest, strongest canopy material on the market
- Shark Teeth Trailing Edge = Reduces weight while minimizing & dispersing canopy flutter
- Precision turns on a small axis with minimal power increase in a turn
- ABS Bridle = Consistent forward drive + maximum depower + no back-stalling
- Unmatched drifting ability
- Ultra-reinforced wingtip construction
- Quick water relaunch
- Constant leading edge taper
- High-flow valve
- Octopus Inflation System = Lightest, easiest single-point inflation system delivering uniform pressure in the struts and leading edge
- Solid Frame Panel Removal = Lighter weight
- Bladder Lock = Secures bladder ends & prevents slippage
- HT Plus = Strong, high-tensile thread fortifies the leading edge
- Increased Wingtip Taper = Reduced diameter + faster turning
Naish Control Bar Options
Featuring the most advanced quick release trim loop mechanism to date, this function-rich design offers extremely easy release and reload and a below-the-bar swivel for effortless untangling of lines. Whether freeride, freestyle or wave riding, the Torque BTB keeps you secure for a seamless riding experience.
The Torque ATB 55 is a 4-line control system with an above-the-bar Clamcleat trim that is easily adjustable in height. Ideal for a wide variety of freeride, freestyle and wave riding, this bar is equipped with the most advanced trim loop mechanism to date.